This spice blend, typical of the Barbados, can be found in specialty groceries, but it's also easy to make yourself. It's perfect with fish or poultry.
These is enough to season a recipe serving four, but you could make a bigger batch while you're at it and store it in the refrigerator.
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 hot chili pepper, chopped
- A pinch of fresh thyme, chopped
- A pinch of fresh marjoram, chopped
- A few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Use to stuff fish or chicken; proceed according to the particular recipe.
Hints & Tips