Desalt the fish overnight.
Prep. time: 15 minutes
Resting time: 1 hour
Cooking time: A few minutes
To keep the fritters from being too salty, soak the salt cod in water overnight, changing the water at least 3 times.
The oil should not be too hot, otherwise the accras will get too dark before they are cooked.
Serve the accras as an appetizer with a rum punch for an exotic authentic flavor!
- Desalt the cod.
- Flake the cod into a bowl; add the minced onion, garlic, parsley, chives and chili. Combine well.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and eggs. Add the milk (or water) to form a smooth batter. Add the baking powder.
- Pour the batter over the cod mixture and mix well. Taste and correct the seasoning.
- Heat the frying oil. Meanwhile, form the mixture into small balls, using a little spoon.
- Drop the balls into the hot oil and cook until golden brown; drain, then transfer to paper towels to cool slightly.
Hints & Tips