Preparation: 5 minutes + shaping
You can create all kinds of shapes: scowling pumpkins, witches, ghosts, etc.
Careful! Food coloring is concentrated. Start with just a few drops, adding more as necessary to get the desired color.
- Place the sugar and powdered almonds in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add 2-3 drops almond extract.
- Turn the processor on and gradually add the egg white, processing until the paste is smooth.
Color the almond paste with a few drops of food coloring:
- a large piece of orange (pumpkin)
- a medium piece of black (mouth, nose, pupils)
- a small piece of yellow (eyes)
- When the almond paste is smooth, dust your work surface with icing sugar. Shape the paste into the desired shape or roll it out to a 1.5 cm thickness and cut out shapes with cookie cutters.
- Add the decorative features: eyes, mouth, etc.
- Place the almond paste shapes on a parchment-lined tray, evenly spaced.
- Let dry overnight in a dry place.
- You can store the candies in a tightly-closed container for several days.
Hints & Tips