Apricot Flan Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hr
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Resting time for the pastry: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 + 45 minutes
For 8 servings
- 200 g (7 oz.) flour
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) butter
- 1/2 glass water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 whole eggs + 2 yolks
- 200 g (7 oz.) powdered sugar
- 30 g (1 oz.) cornstarch
- 700 g (1 1/2 lb.) apricots
- 2 Tbsp. kirsch
- Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour. Add the salt, sugar and just enough water to form a workable, non-sticky dough.
- Let rest in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 210° C (425° F).
- Roll out the pastry and line a 26 cm (10") tart pan. Weight the crust with a sheet of parchment covered with dried beans and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, halve and pit the apricots and macerate in the kirsch and 100 g sugar.
- Heat the milk with the vanilla bean which has been split and scraped.
- Whisk the whole eggs, yolks, sugar and cornstarch. Gradually mix in the vanilla-flavored milk. Place over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the filling into partially-baked crust. Arrange the apricots on top.
- Place the tart in a 180° C (350° F) oven for about 45 minutes to finish baking.
More recipe ideas
In collaboration with CEDUS
Hints & Tips