Prep. time: A few minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
For a light meal, add a sliced or crumbled hard boiled egg.
Never cut the greens with a knife: tear them by hand.
If you wish to make the dressing in advance, add a spoonful of water to keep it from separating.
- Wash the arugula and tear it up coarsely. Place in a bowl.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces; sauté gently in a skillet until crispy; drain.
- Sauté the pine nuts in the bacon fat until lightly colored; drain. If you’re not using bacon, you can toast the pine nuts in a dry non-stick pan.
- Make the vinaigrette by combining all the ingredients.
- Serve the arugula with the vinaigrette, bacon bits, pine nuts and Parmesan shavings.
Hints & Tips