Blueberry Clafouti Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
For 4 servings
- 500 ml (2 cups) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) + 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) flour
- 3 eggs
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cups) milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- a pinch of salt
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, toss the blueberries with 1 Tbsp. sugar.
- Butter a cake pan; place half of the blueberries in the bottom in a single layer.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar; add the eggs, beaten with 60 ml (1/4 cup) milk; mix well.
- Mix in the remaining milk, vanilla and almond extract. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture over the blueberries. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in a 180° C (350° F) oven for about 40 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Serve warm, on its own or with whipped cream.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips