Braised Salmon Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Braising in Riesling
- skin the salmon;
- make small incisions in the fish and insert small pieces of unsmoked fatty bacon to keep it moist;
- place the salmon on a bed of onions, season with salt and pepper; brush with butter;
- pour on the white wine; add a bouquet garni (parsley, thyme, bay leaf);
- cover and braise over low heat for about 30 minutes, basting often;
- place the fish on a serving platter and keep hot.
- strain the cooking liquid;
- melt 2 tbsp. butter; add 1 tbsp. flour;
- blend in the cooking liquid and 65 ml (1/4 cup) heavy cream (35%);
- cook until thickened; pour into a sauce boat and serve.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips