Breaded Fish with Bacon Bits Recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serve the fish with a quinoa or rice risotto.
To vary the pleasure, substitute julienned leeks for the mushrooms.
For 4 servings
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz.) bread crumbs
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz.) crushed whole almonds
- 4 filets of lean, firm-fleshed fish
- 40 g (8 tsp.) butter
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) smoked bacon, in small pieces
- 1 small can of sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. 35% cream
- 4 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley
- Beat the eggs in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs and almonds.
- Dip the fish fillets in the beaten eggs, then in the bread crumb-almond mixture.
- Heat the butter in a skillet; brown the fillets on each side. The time will depend on their thickness. The fish should be opaque without being overcooked.
- In another skillet, fry the bacon, then add the mushrooms and cream.
- Serve the fish with the bacon sauce; garnish with chopped parsley.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips