Thin Slices of Calf's Liver with Bacon and Fresh Pasta Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For 2 servings
- 400 g (14 oz.) calf's liver
- 6 slices of smoked bacon
- 60 g (1/4 cup) butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 200 g (7 oz.) fresh Pasta
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cut the liver into thin slices.
- In a skillet over moderate heat, melt 30 g (2 tbsp.) butter, add the liver and brown on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Keep hot.
- In the same skillet, fry the smoked bacon until cooked without letting the butter brown.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the fresh pasta.
- Meanwhile, make a butter sauce: heat the remaining butter in the skillet until foamy, then add the lemon juice.
- Arrange the pasta on plates, placing the calf's liver slices and bacon on top.
- Pour on the lemon butter and serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
Collaboration: VFC and Produits tripiers de France
Hints & Tips