Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Resting time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
Cooling time: 2 to 3 hours
Always end the night on a sweet note says Sebastien Centner, director of Eatertainment Special Events, Toronto
- Combine all the above ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To make the streusel, mix together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter, blending until crumbly. Set aside.
- To make the cake, cream butter with sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time and stir in vanilla and Carolans®.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Pour into greased tube pan. Cover with 1/2 streusel, place cranberries on top and then pour the rest of the streusel over the cranberries.
- Bake in a preheated 350 °F (180 °C) for 55 minutes. Cool. Remove from tube pan.
- Ice the cake with the glaze by dripping it back and forth over the top of the cake.
Sebastien Centner recipe, Eatertainment Special Events, Toronto. Photo: Carolans.
Hints & Tips