Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
Refrigeration time: At least 2 hours
Keep in mind that the texture and flavor of chocolate mousse get even better as it ages. Ideally, I recommend preparing it two days in advance. Refrigerate the dessert coupes, placing a piece of parchment paper on top of each one. Although chocolate mousse is usually made with cream, we're using milk because of the richness of the Irish cream.
The Art of Entertaining
To add an elegant touch, serve the chocolate mousse in martini glasses or cocktail glasses bordered with dark chocolate shavings and white chocolate chips. You can also decorate the coupes with whipped cream or chocolate-dipped strawberries.
Separate the eggs, putting the whites into a medium glass bowl and yolks into a food processor with steel blade.
- Whisk egg whites until they are stiff. Set aside.
- Put chocolate chips, hot milk, and Carolans® into the food processor and blend all ingredients.
- Fold the chocolate mixture gently into the egg whites and mix well. Pour into glass bowls. Chill at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings, whip cream or chocolate dipped strawberries.
- Add elegance to this recipe for a special occasion; serve it in a fancy martini glass rimmed with dark chocolate and white chocolate nuggets.
Hints & Tips