Carp Fillet Poached in Menetou Wine with Spiced Brunoise Vegetables Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hrPreparation time: 20-30 minutes
Cooking time: Under an hour if the fish stock is already prepared
A recipe from Jean Merilleau of the Restaurant du Moulin de Chameron in Bannegon, France
Ingredients for 10 servings
- 1.5 kg (3 lb.) Carp fillet
- 1 liter (4 cups) red Menetou wine
- 1 liter (4 cups) fish stock
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) leeks
- 800 g (1 lb. 12 oz.) zucchini
- 600 g (1 lb. 5 oz.) carrots
- 600 g (1 lb. 5 oz.) celery
- 400 g (14 oz.) butter
- Star anise, cinnamon and five-spice powder
- Cut 400 g (14 oz.) of leek, the carrot and celery into brunoise (fine dice). Remove the green part from the zucchini and cut it into brunoise.
- Cook the vegetables individually in boiling salted water.
- Combine the cooked vegetables, season, add the spices (star anise, cinnamon and five spice) and cook gently in butter.
- Cut 200 g (7 oz.) of leek into thin julienne strips; fry.
- Flambé the wine in a separate saucepan. Combine the wine and stock and reduce. Whisk in the butter and season.
- Cut the fillets into 150 g (5 oz.) slices; sauté in clarified butter or olive oil.
- Place the carp on top and pour some sauce around the perimeter. Garnish with fried leeks and chopped chives.
- Arrange the brunoise vegetables in a 12 cm (5”) circle in the center of a large plate.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips