Carrot and Broccoli Terrine with Lemon Butter Sauce Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hr
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 75 minutes
For 4 servings
- 1.3 kg (3 lb.) broccoli
- 4 carrots
- 1 Romanesco cauliflower
- 6 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream
- salt and pepper
- pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Peel and thickly slice the carrots.
- Separate the broccoli and cauliflower into florets and steam for 15 minutes.
- Purée the three vegetables separately in a blender or processor.
- To each purée, add 2 eggs, with one-third of the cream, salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Spread the three purées in successive layers in a loaf pan.
- Place the pan in a larger pan containing a little water (bain-marie).
- Sprinkle the top of the terrine with pine nuts, place in the oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Let cool to lukewarm before unmolding. Serve warm with the lemon butter sauce.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips