Cheese-Stuffed Cucumber Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 0
You could substitute zucchini for the cucumber.
For a creamier mixture, mash the cheese with a spoonful of cream.
You can use either fresh or grilled red pepper.
For 4 servings
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 Boursin or other creamy cheese
- 50 g (2 oz.) chopped arugula
- 10 chopped basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives
- 2 tbsp. diced red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and cut the cucumber into 8 equal pieces; hollow them out by three-quarters.
- Mash the cheese, arugula and basil together with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the peppers and mix well.
- Stuff the cucumber pieces with the mixture and serve on large basil leaves.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips