Sweet Cherry Blondies Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 30-35 minutes
For 16 squares
- 325 ml (1 1/3 cups) flour
- 325 ml (1 1/3 cups) packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 250 ml (1 cup) pitted and halved Northwest fresh sweet cherries
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped pecans
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, oil, eggs and vanilla; mix on low speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Mix 1 minute on medium speed. Batter will be thick.
- Spread half of batter into an oiled and floured 22 cm (9") baking pan.
- Toss cherries in a small amount of flour. Scatter cherries over batter; spread remaining batter over cherries.
- Sprinkle pecans on top. Bake at 160° C (325° F) for 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near centre comes out clean.
- Cool on rack and cut into 16 pieces.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips