Pound Cake and Chestnut Mousse Charlotte Recipe
Flavors of Brittany
Our tip: to provide a contrast of textures, sprinkle flaked almonds between each layer of mousse and pears.
For 4 individual charlottes
- 24 slices of pure butter pound cake
- 4 nice pears
- 250 g (9 oz.) chestnut cream
- 6 egg whites
- 4 meters of pretty ribbon
- 1 sheet of stiff paper or light cardboard
- Begin by rolling the paper into a tube of the desired diameter for your charlottes (about 8 cm / 3 1/4"); fasten with tape, then place a ring in the center of each of 4 dessert plates.
- Cut 6 slices of pound cake and halve them lengthwise.
- Arrange the pound cake pieces vertically around the paper tube, then tie them in place with a meter of ribbon. Make a nice knot or bow.
- Gently remove the tube so that the circle of pound cake keeps its shape, then fill the center with mousse, alternating with thin pear slices.
- Decorate each charlotte with bits of praline and a candied chestnut, for example.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Place the chestnut cream in a bowl and gently fold in the egg whites so as not to deflate them.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips