Chilled Cucumber and Green Apple Soup with Cilantro Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hrPreparation time: 15 minutes
Refrigeration time: 1 hour
On a sizzling summer day, place the chilled soup into the freezer and let it freeze to the consistency of a granita.
For a dinner party, spike it with a splash of vodka.
If you don’t like cilantro, replace it with mint.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 cucumber
- 5 Granny Smith apples
- 4 green onions
- Juice of 1 lime
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 sprigs of fresh cilantro
- 2 sprigs of dill
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 tbsp. sour cream
- Peel and quarter the apples. Remove the stems, cores and seeds.
- Peel the cucumbers and slice them thickly.
- Liquefy all the ingredients except the sour cream in a blender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate the soup for at least 1 hour. Garnish each serving with a spoonful of sour cream.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips