Chocolate Spooky Owl Cupcakes Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Prep. time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 to 17 minutes
Put a chocolate peanut butter candy into the center of each cupcake before baking to give it a tasty center once it's baked.
- 330 ml (1 1/3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 180 m (3/4 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 ml (1 tsp.)vanilla extract
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole milk
- 250 ml (1 cup opr 2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp.) vanilla extract
- 45-60 ml (3-4 Tbsp.) milk
- 180 ml( 3/4 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
- 750 ml (3 cups) powdered sugar (sifted)
- chocolate sandwich cookies
- chocolate covered candies
- yellow oblong-shaped candies
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Line muffin tins with paper cups
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and unsweetened cocoa. Set mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar. Beat with mixer until they are pale yellow and fluffy, then add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add vanilla, flour and milk. Beat until combined.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool, decorate, then eat!
- In a large bowl, beat butter, vanilla, milk and cocoa powder with mixer.
- Begin adding powdered sugar and beat until creamy and smooth. Add more milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate icing, then use the small round tip and chocolate icing to create feathers, and leaf tip to create ears.
- Add chocolate sandwich cookies with chocolate covered candies for eyes, and a yellow oblong-shaped candy for the nose.
More recipe ideas
Photo & concept: A funny idea by Hamilton Beach using their electric mixer.
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips