Preparaton time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 to 17 minutes
Put a chocolate peanut butter candy into the center of each cupcake before baking to give it a tasty center once it's baked.
This fun idea comes from Hamilton Beach. Their handmixer is perfect for initiating your little monsters into the art of making and decorating cupcakes. It comes in a storage box with accessories and a book full of recipes and decorating ideas for every occasion.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Line muffin tins with paper cups
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and unsweetened cocoa. Set mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar. Beat with mixer until they are pale yellow and fluffy, then add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add vanilla, flour and milk. Beat until combined.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool, decorate, then eat!
- In a large bowl, beat butter, vanilla, milk and cocoa powder with mixer.
- Begin adding powdered sugar and beat until creamy and smooth. Add more milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate icing, then use the small round tip and chocolate icing to create feathers, and leaf tip to create ears.
- Add chocolate sandwich cookies with chocolate covered candies for eyes, and a yellow oblong-shaped candy for the nose.
Hints & Tips