Prep. time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 to 17 minutes
Put a chocolate peanut butter candy into the center of each cupcake before baking to give it a tasty center once it's baked.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Line muffin tins with paper cups
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and unsweetened cocoa. Set mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar. Beat with mixer until they are pale yellow and fluffy, then add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add vanilla, flour and milk. Beat until combined.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool, decorate, then eat!
- In a large bowl, beat butter, vanilla, milk and cocoa powder with mixer.
- Begin adding powdered sugar and beat until creamy and smooth. Add more milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate icing, then use the small round tip and chocolate icing to create feathers, and leaf tip to create ears.
- Add chocolate sandwich cookies with chocolate covered candies for eyes, and a yellow oblong-shaped candy for the nose.
Photo & concept: A funny idea by Hamilton Beach using their electric mixer.
Hints & Tips