Chocolate Raspberry Log Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Prep. time: 40 minutes
Baking time: 10 minutes
Refrigeration time: at least 2 hours
For 4 servings
- 150 g (5 oz.) milk chocolate
- 150 ml (5 oz.) heavy cream
- 30 g (2 Tbsp.) softened butter
- 150 g (5 oz.) raspberries
- 2 eggs
- 120 g (4 oz / 1/2 cup) sugar
- 90 g (3 oz./scant cup) flour
- 30 g (1 oz.) grated coconut
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- Separate the eggs. Beat the whites to stiff peaks, add the sugar and whisk another minute, then gently fold in the egg yolks, flour, coconut, lime zest and juice.
- Spread the batter into a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated 180° C (350° F).
- Remove from the oven, turn out onto a damp cloth, remove the parchment, then sprinkle lightly with a little cold water so the sponge can be rolled up gently in the cloth.
- Bring the cream to a boil; add the chopped chocolate and butter.
- Stir, off the heat, for 5-6 minutes until smooth. Let cool.
- Gently unroll the sponge from the cloth. Spread half the ganache over the surface.
- Spread on half the raspberries, then roll the cake up gently, squeezing lightly.
- Spread the rest of the ganache over the surface and refrigerate the log for at least 2 hours. Decorate with the remaining raspberries and some silver chocolate dragées.
More recipe ideas
Photo: Syndicat du chocolat
Hints & Tips