Preparation time: 5 + 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
It's easy to make your own truffles, but you have to begin with excellent-quality basic chocolate, couverture chocolate or dark semi-sweet chocolate.
Truffles will keep for quite a long time in the refrigerator in a plastic container lined with parchment paper. All chocolates should, in my opinion, sit for 48-72 hours before serving so that you can enjoy their full flavors.
- Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler;
- add the cream and simmer until slightly reduced;
- pour into a container and refrigerate overnight;
- form into small balls using two teaspoons;
- roll in sugar;
- let sit for 12 hours before serving.
Denser Two-Step Truffles
- prepare the basic recipe but at the last step, place the truffles in the freezer for 12 hours;
- dip each truffle into some lukewarm melted chocolate;
- roll in cocoa powder.
Hints & Tips