Thin Citrus and Whisky Tart Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
For 4 servings
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 3 eggs
- 80 g (3 oz.) powdered sugar
- 20 g (4 tsp.) butter
- 30 g (3 Tbsp.) cornstarch
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- zest of 1/2 orange
- zest of 1/2 pink grapefruit
- 50 g (2 oz.) candied orange peel
- 50 ml (3 Tbsp.) Glen Deveron 10 year old Whisky or another single malt
- 1/2 tsp. dark brown sugar
- Place the puff pastry into a tart pan, leaving the parchment paper underneath.
- Fill with dried beans and bake in a 200° C (400° F) oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the dried beans and allow to cool.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk, 40 g powdered sugar and orange zest to a boil. Let infuse for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks with 40 g sugar until light and pale.
- Blend in the cornstarch, then whisk in the hot milk.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and thicken over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a bowl, add the whisky and allow to cool.
- Fill the tart shell with the citrus cream, sprinkle with brown sugar to balance the bitterness and decorate with the candied orange peel.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2020. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips