Wild Alaska cod loins with pistachio and lime crust Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Prep. time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
Wild Alaska halibut is also perfect for this dish.
You can always adapt the salad ingredients according to the season
For 4 servings
- 4 x 150 g Alaska cod fillets
- 2 lime (juice + zest)
- 50 g pistachios chopped
- 25 g de dry crumbbread
- 30 ml / 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 fennel bulb, minced
- 60 g / 125 ml or 1/2 cup broad beans
- 50 g / 125 ml / 1/2 cup green sprouts
- 1 handful coriander
- 1 white grapefruit - juice only
- 30 ml / 2 Tbsp. nut oil
- 7 ml / 1/2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch of saffron soaked in 2 Tsp. water
- 5 ml / 1 Tsp. cumin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F. Place the wild Alaska Pacific cod fillets on a lightly-greased baking tray, season, and squeeze a little lime juice over each portion.
- Mix together the pistachios, breadcrumbs, olive oil, lime zest and the remaining lime juice, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon plenty of topping over the surface of each cod loin and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the crust is golden, and the fish is opaque and flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing, and season well to taste. Arrange the salad ingredients on to 4 serving plates. Remove the fish from the oven and place each next to the salad, drizzle over plenty of dressing before serving.
More recipe ideas
Photo: Wild Alaska Pacific Cod
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips