Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Don't peel the little potatoes (use Ile-de-Ré potatoes if available). Their thin tender skin is full of vitamins and will add an authentic touch to the golden "scales."
- Wash the potatoes and dry them, rubbing them lightly.
- Using a mandolin, food processor or paring knife, slice the potatoes into very thin rounds (like potato chips).
- Overlap the scales on a non-stick baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Cook in a 200° C (400° F) oven for 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the cod for 7 minutes.
- To serve, present the cod loin dressed in its golden potato scales; serve with a little salad sprinkled with fresh herbs and drizzled with olive oil
Thanks to Canetti Conseil for their kind collaboration
A recipe from Daniel Masse of Le Chat Botté Restaurant in L'Ile de Ré
Photo: Christian Adam / Canetti Conseil
Hints & Tips