Prep. time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
If you head south through the US towards Miami, you’ll undoubtedly come across these famous crab cakes. This is a fairly costly recipe, since it uses only real crab, seasoned, pressed into little discs and pan-fried.
For a gourmet presentation, serve crab cakes with grapefruit suprêmes.
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Form into disks that are fairly small (they hold together better).
- Place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper; cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes – if you don’t, the crab cakes will fall apart during cooking.
- In a non-stick pan in a little oil, cook the crab cakes over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, until they are browned.
- Serve with mayonnaise or sour cream. Suggestion : Season the sour cream with a pinch of dill.
Photo : MSCOMM / ID: 6480090 / Barbara Helgason
Hints & Tips