Prep. time: Under 15 minutes
Cooking time: 4-5 minutes per skillet
Serve these as an appetizer: Make silver dollar-sized pancakes by using a teaspoon, and then top them with a dab of crème fraîche and your favorite caviar or smoked salmon. Or, top with dollops of salsa and sour cream.
Or serve alongside scrambled eggs or your favorite omelet.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs together until smooth and fluffy.
- Grate potatoes, yam and onion. Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the mixture.
- Combine the mixture (2) with beaten eggs (1); add flour, salt and pepper. Divide into four equal parts.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Pour 1 tablespoon batter into the skillet to test the oil. If it is hot enough, the pancake will begin to sizzle and brown. Spoon the batter into the skillet, about 1 or 2 tablespoon per pancake, leaving a little room between each one.
- Flatten them with the back of a spoon and use the spatula to round the sides, if necessary. Fry the pancakes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they are golden brown on the bottom, then turn them and brown the other side, about 2 more minutes.
Smart Choice: Skillet, pan & casserole coated with Teflon® non-stick. Photo Dupont Teflon.
Hints & Tips