Chilled Bulgarian Soup with Tapioca and Croutons with Tapenade Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 15 min.
Refrigeration time: 1 hour
For 4 servings
- 3 bags of mint green tea
- 4 tbsp. tapioca
- 1 cucumber
- 14 fresh mint leaves
- 2 small containers of Greek-style yogurt
- sesame seeds
- Bring 750 ml (3 cups) water to a boil. Infuse the tea bags and sprinkle in the tapioca. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain the tapioca and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the cucumber finely, reserving a little for garnish.
- In a blender, liquefy the cucumber with 10 mint leaves, the yogurt and olive oil until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tapioca and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Pour the soup into 4 glass dishes; garnish with the remaining mint leaves and diced cucumber.
- Serve the soup with croutons spread with sundried tomato tapenade and sprinkled with a few sesame seeds.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips