Cucumber Salad with Fried Onions Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Prep. time: A few minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Making the salad
- peel the cucumbers and halve lengthwise; seed and cut into half slices;
- combine with the sour cream; season and set aside.
- slice the onions very thinly on a mandolin;
- moisten with the milk;
- coat with flour: place 250 ml (1 cup) flour in a bag to begin; add some of the onions; shake to coat each onion well; deep fry in hot oil;
- repeat with the remaining onions; remove from the oil when golden;
- place on top of the cucumbers; sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips