- fillet and bone the espada and cut into 10 cm (4”) long pieces, allowing 5 per person;
- spread the tapenade on the skin side; roll into paupiettes;
- with a knife, chop the confit tomatoes and peppers; heat and keep warm*;
- slice the zucchini into thin strips, allowing 3 per person; blanch for a few seconds in boiling water; pass under cold running water to stop the cooking;
- roll each strip up and fill with the hot ratatouille; keep warm*;
- just before serving, fry the fish in a little olive oil for about 30-45 seconds on each side;
- on each plate, place 5 rolls of espada and 3 strips of stuffed zucchini; place some of the tomato-pepper mixture in the center of the plate and serve immediately.
Hints and tips
*preheat your oven to medium 15 minutes before you begin cooking; turn it off. You can now use it to keep food warm.
**prepare the confit tomatoes by placing them in a small saucepan with a big pinch of sugar; cook over low heat until the tomatoes achieve a jam-like consistency and the juice has evaporated; do the same for the peppers, adding a tablespoonful of water, since peppers contain little water on their own.
Hints & Tips