Gâteau of Frog's Legs and Pig's Feet Recipe
Gérald Passédat, Le Petit Nice Passédat, France
Flavors of Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Prep. and cooking time: 1 hour
For 4 servings
- 400 g (14 oz.) deboned Frog legs
- 250 ml (1 cup) stock made from the frog bones
- 8 cooked and deboned pig's (Feet (Trotters))
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) green (parsley) juice
- 250 ml (1 cup) wine sauce
- Garlic and chopped Parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50 g (2 oz.) French #s
- 20 g (2 tbsp.) flour
- Cut the meat from the pig's feet into julienne strips, season and place into a small non-stick skillet to cook - wait until a crust forms.
- Finish the white wine sauce and color it with the green juice, parsley and lemon.
- Brown the lightly-floured frog's legs in butter that has not been allowed to brown. Add the shallot and the chopped parsley and garlic, deglaze with the lemon juice.
- Place the frog's legs into a stainless steel mould, packing down firmly as you would for a cake.
- Arrange the pig's feet galette on top and surround with the sauce.
More recipe ideas
***** CODE PUB = PUB_F *****
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips