Fruity Macaroni Salad Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: depends on the pasta
This is a fresh and healthful recipe. It's often hard to get children (or adults!) to eat fruit, but just about everybody likes pasta. So combine the two!
- substitute plain yogurt for the mayonnaise and sour cream
- add a little nutmeg or cinnamon
- add some leftover cooked chicken and peas.
For 4 servings
- 250 ml (1 cup) elbow macaroni
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sour cream
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) orange or pineapple juice
- 1 green apple
- 1-2 celery stalks, from the heart
- 1 peach or 1 mango
- 12 red grapes
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cook the macaroni in boiling water according to the package directions; drain and cool.
- Combine the mayonnaise and sour cream in a bowl; whisk in the orange or pineapple juice.
- Halve the grapes and finely dice the peach, apple and celery.
- Combine all the ingredients and finish with a grinding of black pepper. Refrigerate.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips