Garlic crushed potatoes Recipe
Total time: more than 2 hours
Cooking time: 1H10
Add the optional herb or spice for the last 20 minutes of cooking.
For 8 servings
- 1kg new potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 garlic bulb
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- Fennel seeds as a side dish for fish
- Twigs of thyme as a side dish for poultry
- Green or pink crushed peppercorns as a side dish to steak
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C / 350 °F. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water, season with salt and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes until they are still firm yet easily pierced with a fork. Drain well.then drain well.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large roasting tray in the oven until just hot. Tumble in the potatoes and crush gently with the back of a fork to burst the skins, turning in the hot oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Separate the cloves of garlic from the bulb but leave them unpeeled. Add to the potatoes.
- Roast for 1 hour, tossing occasionally, until crisp and golden.
- Spoon into a serving dish. Scatter with lemon zest to serve.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2021. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips