Grilled Dorado, Barbados-Style Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutesPreparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Many other kinds of fish can be prepared using this same method.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 whole Sea Bream, about 2 kg (4 1/2 lb.)
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 shallots, minced
- Juice of 1 lime + 1 lime
- 1 hot chili, seeded and chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) bread crumbs
- 1 tomato, sliced
- rub the cavity of the fish with salt, pepper and garlic and coat with butter;
- sauté the onion in butter in a small saucepan; add the breadcrumbs, shallot, chili and lime juice and mix well; add some butter if necessary; season with salt and pepper;
- stuff the cavity of the fish with this mixture; close up with a skewer;
- place the stuffed fish in a buttered baking dish; cover with tomato and onion slices; sprinkle with breadcrumbs; pour 125 ml (1/2 cup) water into the dish; cook for 10 minutes at 200° C (400° F); turn the oven off and let rest for 10 minutes.
- serve with plantain or potato galettes and lime wedges.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips