Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
To prevent fishy odors when cooking at home, poach the fish or cook it in the oven rather than grilling or pan-frying it.
To give your rice more flavor, use broth instead of water. You can also prepare it "pilaf" style by lightly sautéing the rice in butter before adding the water or broth. If you're a citrus fan, replace 1/3 of the water with orange juice and/or add a little citrus zest to the cooking liquid.
- Slice the salmon widthwise into 2 cm (1") thick pieces; roll into round "tournedos" and tie securely. Salt both sides.
- Grill the salmon tournedos for about 3 minutes on each side on a grill or in a non-stick pan.
- Cook the rice according to the usual method.
- Cook the vegetables in boiling water with a pinch of salt or steam them, depending on your taste and the vegetables you have chosen.
- In a small saucepan reduce the juice of the citrus fruits to three-quarters; add the cream and then whisk in the butter over low heat.
- Fill a ramekin or other flat round dish with rice, pack down lightly and unmold in the center of each plate.
- Place the salmon on the rice base; surround it with the vegetables and spoon the sauce over top.
Hints & Tips