Ham with Cider and Pears Recipe
Flavors of Quebec
Total time: 1hr to 2hr
For 6 servings
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, coarsely chopped
- 2 pears, cut into quarters
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme or 5 ml (1 tsp.) dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- To taste freshly ground pepper
- 1 kg / 2.2 lb Toupie ham (pressed, boneless ham)
- 180 ml / 2/4 cup cider
- 125 ml / 1/2 cup pear juice
- 125 ml / 1/2 cup maple syrup
- In an ovenproof pan, heat oil and melt butter. Brown the vegetables and the pears.
- Add thyme, bay leaf and pepper.
- Place the ham on the vegetables, add the remaining ingredients and cook in the oven for one hour.
- Remove the ham and vegetables from the pan. Let the ham sit for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- Reduce liquid until it reaches the consistency of syrup and use it to baste the ham.
- Serve with pear wedges and vegetables.
More recipe ideas
Collaboration : Fédération des producteurs de porcs du Québec / le Porc du Québec.com
Hints & Tips