Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour per kilogram
Always choose a ham on the bone rather than the rolled or nugget hams commonly found in supermarkets. The texture is too tight and the flavours won't penetrate.
Although the slices won't be as perfect from a bone-in ham, the flavor is undeniably better.
Americans love accentuating the sweet side of baked ham. You can sprinkle it with brown granulated sugar 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
For a quick meal, place some unpeeled potatoes in the oven, right on the rack, to bake along with the ham.
- Score the fat on the ham in a criss-cross pattern. Prick with cloves.
- Place the ham in a shallow roasting pan with the water and orange juice.
- Cook uncoverd at 180° C / 350 ° F, allowing 1 hour per kg.
- 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time, mix the marmalade with the orange juice and brush the mixture over the ham. Add the orange segments to the pan juices.
- Continue cooking. Let the ham rest for 10 minutes out of the oven before slicing.
Hints & Tips