Horseradish-Crusted Salmon Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutesPreparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 600-700 g (1 lb. 6 oz.) center cut Salmon fillet
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) freshly grated Horseradish
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped chives
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped dill
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- To prepare the horseradish crust, mix the fresh horseradish, egg whites and salt together until combined and reserve.
- Cut the salmon fillet into 3/4 inch widths. Roll the thick end into the center and ending the belly flap, form a medallion. Secure the medallion with a bamboo skewer.
- Place about one tablespoon of the horseradish mixture top of the salmon and spread evenly around the top of the fish. Refrigerate until needed.
- To prepare the dilled cucumbers, combine the cucumbers and the salt together in a small bowl and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out liquid and combine the fresh herbs and Crème Fraîche. Refrigerate until needed.
- Brush a non-stick pan lightly with vegetable oil. Over medium high heat sear the horseradish side first. Cook gently until golden brown crust is formed, about 2 - 3 minutes. Turn over and cook for 2 minutes.
- Salt lightly. Serve on a bed of room temperature dilled cucumbers with grain mustard sauce.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips