Lemon Rosemary Macaroons Recipe
Prep. time and finishing: 30 minutes
Waiting time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 20-22 minutes
For 20 small macaroons
- 60 g almond powder
- 110 g icing sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 25 g sugar
- 1 pinch of yellow food coloring
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 lemons, juice only
- 1 twig of fresh rosemary
- 3 eggs
- 70 g Brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp.maïzena / cornstarch
Preheat the oven to 160 °C.
- Combine the icing sugar and almond powder. Spread on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt to stiff peaks and add in the sugar. Combine the almond powder mixture with the egg whites. Add the food coloring.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a plain tip with the mixture and pipe out even rounds of batter on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool before removing.
- Heat the lemon juice and, off the heat, infuse with the rosemary for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs, brown sugar and corn starch. Add the strained lemon juice.
- Heat the mixture until it thickens. Let cool.
- Spread the filling on half the meringue shells and top with the remaining shells.
More recipe ideas
Photo: © Daniel METTOUDI / CEDUS
Hints & Tips