Lemon Soufflé Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutesPreheat the oven to 180° C (350° F)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
Place the ramekins in the refrigerator for a few minutes before buttering them. The butter will stick better to the cold sides.
For 4 servings
- 2 Lemons
- 3 eggs
- 60 g (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- Icing sugar
- A pinch of salt
- A little soft butter
- Granulated sugar
- Using a brush, butter and then sugar the interior of 4 - 8 cm (3") ramekins. Rotate them to distribute the sugar and tap out the excess.
- With a paring knife, remove the zest from 2 lemons, keeping only the outer yellow layer and avoiding the bitter white pith. Chop the zest finely. Squeeze the juice from one of the lemons.
- Separate the whites from the yolks of three eggs.
- Beat the yolks well with 50 g (3 tbsp.) sugar until light and airy; blend in the lemon zest.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt to soft peaks. Add 10 g (2 tsp.) sugar and continue beating. Once the whites form stiff peaks, gradually mix in the lemon juice.
- Blend the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture: begin by whisking a little of the beaten whites into the yolks to lighten them, then gently fold in the remaining whites with a spatula until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekins, being careful not to drip any on the edges. Smooth out the surface gently for perfect presentation and sprinkle the tops lightly with icing sugar.
- Place the ramekins on a cookie sheet and place on the middle rack of a preheated oven. Cook for 7 minutes at 180° C (350° F) without opening the oven door.
- Sprinkle the soufflés with icing sugar and serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2020. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips