Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: Under 10 minutes
It's possible to create a less expensive of this recipe by omitting the caviar or substituting another less costly fish roe.
Preparing the lobster
- Cook the lobsters in boiling salted water for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature in the cooking liquid.
- Once the lobster can be handled, remove the meat from the shell and clean out the shell, reserving it plus any coral from female lobsters for the lobster oil.
- Divide the lobster into 4 even portions: 1/2 tail, 1 claw and a knuckle.
Preparing the mango salsa
- Peel and dice the mango in 1/8" dice.
- Peel and dice the pepper the same size.
- Finely dice the shallot.
- Combine the pepper, mango, shallot and chives in a mixing bowl.
- Add the champagne vinegar and the blended oil and season to taste; add a pinch of cayenne pepper and the juice from the 1/2 lime.
Preparing the lobster mayonnaise
- In a clean mixing bowl mix the sherry vinegar, egg yolk and Dijon mustard.
- Gradually add the lobster oil, whisking continuously to form an emulsion.
- Season the mayonnaise to taste with salt and pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper; add a few drops of lime if you wish to add a nice sharpness.
- Arrange the mango salsa in the center of a plate with the room temperature lobster meat on top.
- Divide the caviar evenly on top of the lobster and drizzle the mayonnaise around the outside.
Hints & Tips