Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: None
In 1985, Brooklyn-born Michael Schlow traded a baseball scholarship and a 92 mile-an-hour fastball for a set of Wusthof knives and a place at the Academy of Culinary Arts in New Jersey. It marked the beginning of a journey that in January 1999 led to the opening of Radius, a restaurant that has garnered the most prestigious awards. Schlow is part of a new generation of chefs, and Radius, featuring his contemporary cuisine, has become a hot spot of East Coast gastronomy.
You will need two small mixing bowls and two 3"ring molds (or the cut Dixie cups)
- In the first bowl, combine the crab, mayo, thyme, chives, shallots, lemon. olive oil.
- Season the crab mixture with salt, pepper, sugar (if necessary)
- In the second bowl, combine the cucumbers with a bit of salt, the rice wine vinegar, cumin vinaigrette and cilantro.
- Place both bowls in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Mold crab mixture in the center of the plate;
- garnish with seasoned cucumber on top.
- Drizzle with cumin vinaigrette.
Hints & Tips