Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
This luscious and easy to make dessert offers the comfort of a cobbler with the unexpected combination of mangoes and blueberries - and antioxidant powers - of cinnamon and ginger.
- Mix mangoes, blueberries and lemon juice in large bowl.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and ginger in small bowl. Sprinkle over fruit; toss to coat well.
- Spoon into 11x7-inch baking dish sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, baking powder, ginger, 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add buttermilk; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls into 6 portions onto fruit mixture.
- Mix remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over biscuits.
- Bake in preheated 180 °C / 350 °F oven 35 to 40 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping is browned. Serve warm.
Calories 225, Fat 1g, Protein 2g, Carbohydrates 52g, Cholesterol 1mg, Sodium 128mg, Fiber 5g
*Photo and recipe : McCormick, international leader for spices
Hints & Tips