Mini Pancakes with Fish and Sorrel Sauce Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hr
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Resting time: 1 hour
Cooking time: About 15 minutes
For 4 servings
For the pancakes
- 250 ml (1 cup) buckwheat flour
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) wheat flour
- 185 ml (3/4 cup) water
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- a pinch of salt
For the filling
- Fresh fish or shellfish, such as fresh salmon cubes, mussels, scallops, etc.
- Salted butter
- Combine the oil, the two flours and the pinch of salt. Add the water and milk and whisk to form a smooth batter.
- Let rest one hour.
- Drop a spoonful of a batter in a large non-stick skillet, achieving the desired diameter with a ring mold or by using a mini blini pan. Once the pancake begins to brown, flip it.
- Repeat for each pancake, keeping the cooked ones hot.
Preparing the fish and finishing
- Cut the salmon into small cubes; sear quickly in butter in a skillet, keeping the fish medium rare. The same technique applies to the scallops. If using mussels, open them in a saucepan with a little water or white wine.
- Place a few cubes of salmon in the center of each pancake; roll up and fasten with a pick or tie with a blade of fresh chive.
- Prepare the sorrel sauce and serve it as a dip in small individual dishes.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips