Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Serve with vanilla sauce, crème anglaise or fruit coulis.
For Easter, add some little eggs as a decoration.
The baking time depends on the oven temperature and the ramekin you use. As soon as the cakes begin to form a slight crust or come away from the sides of the ramekin, remove them from the oven.
Keep in mind that the cakes will continue to cook once they're out of the oven.
If in doubt, remember that a runny cake is preferable to an overdone one in this case.
- Place the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and melt over simmering water or in the microwave; when melted and still warm, whisk in the butter;
- in another bowl, beat 4 egg yolks with the sugar until pale and light; mix in the flour and chocolate-butter mixture;
- beat the 4 egg whites to stiff peaks; fold gently into the batter;
- pour into 6 individual buttered molds or ramekins; bake for 8 minutes in a preheated 210° C (425° F) oven;
- let cool for 2 minutes before unmolding.
An Alsatian white
A late-harvest Gewürztraminer
Hints & Tips