Moroccan-Style Vegetable Gratin Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
For an even more delicious dish, add 30 g (1 oz.) grated Gruyere and 1 Tbsp. slivered almonds to the bread crumbs. Combine and sprinkle over the gratin.
For 4 servings
- 1 large carrot
- 200 g (7 oz.) peas
- 200 g (7 oz.) yellow pepper
- 200 g (7 oz.) cauliflower
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) coarse homemade bread crumbs
- 500 ml (2 cups) crème fraîche or heavy cream
- 50 ml (3 Tbsp.) olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch of chives
- 30 g (2 Tbsp.) butter
- 1/2 tsp. ras-el-hanout
- Peel and slice the carrot.
- Halve and seed the pepper.
- Wash the cauliflower and separate into small florets.
- Blanch the vegetables for 20 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
- While the vegetables are cooking, combine the cream, eggs, olive oil, chopped chives and a little salt.
- Drain the vegetables, transfer to a gratin dish and pour the cream mixture over top.
- Mix the ras-el-hanout into the bread crumbs and sprinkle over the gratin.
- Dot the top evenly with little cubes of butter.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips