Mini Orange Sabayon with Chocolate Cake Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For a non-alcoholic version of this delicious sabayon, replace the rum with orange juice or orange flower water.
For 6 servings or 12 mini dishes
- 6 mini chocolate cakes (25 g) or 150 g (6 oz.) chocolate cake
- 3 unsprayed oranges
- 50 ml (3 Tbsp.) water
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 egg yolks
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz.) granulated brown sugar
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 1/2 capful of dark rum*
- a pinch of flour
- Wash and peel the oranges. Set aside.
- Into 6 mini baking dishes, place the skinless orange segments along with some thin slices of cake. Set aside.
- Infuse the rosemary in 50 ml simmering water for a few minutes. Strain the liquid and add the rum. Set aside.
- Briskly beat the 2 egg yolks with the sugar until pale and light. Add the rosemary infusion and a small pinch of flour.
- Over a double boiler, whisk the mixture constantly until thickened enough to show the whisk motions.
- Divide among the mini baking dishes.
- Just before serving, place under the broiler to brown briefly. Serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
Photo: Ker Cadélac
Hints & Tips