Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 55-65 minutes
If you wish to prepare this bread for tea time, use the natural orange zest. If it's for dessert, add the candied orange peel.
The amount of sugar is minimal - you can double it if you have a sweet tooth.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the yogurt, orange juice and 2 tbsp. orange peel.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan. Finish with the last tbsp. orange peel. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean - cover loosely with foil if the top browns too quickly.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Hints & Tips