Orange and Yogurt Cake Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 40-45 minutes
Serves 6 children
- 1 small unsprayed orange
- 3 eggs
- 175 g (7/8 cup) fine sugar
- 100 ml (6 Tbsp.) peanut or canola oil
- 1 small plain unstirred yogurt, 40%
- 200 g (2 cups) flour + some for the pan
- 1 packet baking powder
- a little butter for the pan
- decorative picks
- multicolored candies
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Butter and flour a high-sided cake pan.
- Wash and scrub the orange, grate the zest and extract the juice.
- Separate the whites and yolks of the eggs. Place the yolks in a bowl with the sugar and whisk until pale and the mixture drops from the whisk in a ribbon.
- Slowly whisk in the oil in a thin stream (as in making mayonnaise).
- Add the grated orange zest, orange juice, and then the yogurt and the flour sifted with the baking powder. Mix together until smooth and evenly combined.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold gently into the batter.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Place on the middle rack of a preheated 180° C (350° F) oven and bake for 20 minutes; reduce the heat to 160° C (325° F) and bake another 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn out onto a rack to cool.
- Just before serving, decorate with decorative picks and multicolored candies.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips