Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
If you don’t have fresh peaches, you can make this recipe with canned peach halves in syrup. In this case, assemble the dessert directly without, of course, poaching the peaches.
- Score an X on the peaches and immerse them in a pan of boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain, refresh under cold water and peel.
- Split and scrape the vanilla beans, then combine the seeds with 300 g of powdered sugar and the water. Place everything into a saucepan over low heat and bring to a boil.
- Halve and pit the peaches and place the halves in the saucepan. Cook at a bare simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the peaches to cool in the syrup.
- Toast the slivered almonds in a dry non-stick skillet until golden and set aside.
- Just before serving, whip the chilled cream with an electric beater and add the rest of the powdered sugar once peaks form. Fill a pastry bag with the whipped cream.
- Into each dessert cup, place 2 peach halves and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Garnish with a little whipped cream, some slivered almonds and a drizzle of raspberry coulis.
- Serve immediately.
Photo: © Daniel METTOUDI / CEDUS
Hints & Tips