Peach or Nectarine Clafoutis Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutesPreparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Fresh nectarines are a good source of phosphorus, which is the second most abundant mineral in the body after calcium. It plays an essential role in forming and maintaining healthy bones and teeth. It also plays a role in the growth and regeneration of tissue and helps maintain blood’s normal pH level. Finally, phosphorus is a component of cellular membranes.
- 60 g (2 oz.) butter
- 500 g (18 oz.) Peaches
- 125 g (4 oz.) powdered sugar
- 80 g (3 oz.) flour
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Peel and pit the peaches; cut each one into 6 or 8 slices, depending on their size.
- Melt the butter over very low heat and allow it to cool to lukewarm.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, sugar and cardamom; mix in the flour, melted butter and milk.
- Butter and flour a round cake pan.
- Arrange the peach or nectarine slices attractively in the bottom of the pan and pour the clafoutis batter over top.
- Bake in a 180° C (350° F) oven for approximately 30-35 minutes, depending on the diameter of the pan.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips