Oven temperature: 170° C (340° F)
Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: Under 30 minutes
Waiting time: A few hours to freeze the sorbet
An original recipe from Jean-Luc Rabanel in Tonneins
- Bring the water, sugar and glucose to a boil until completely dissolved;
- add 200 g (7 oz.) fresh verbena and infuse.
Making the tuiles
- Whisk together the butter, sugar and egg whites; add the chopped rosemary at the end.
- Form into 5 cm (2") discs on a non-stick baking sheet;
- Bake in a 170°C (340° F) oven for 5 minutes.
Making the sorbet
- Combine all the ingredients. Bring to 80° C (176° F) for 5 minutes;
- strain and liquefy in a blender; put into an ice cream or sorbet maker and process until frozen.
- Poach the peaches at 60° C (140° F) for 15 minutes; peel and pit them and reform them.
- Fasten the two peach halves together with a branch of verbena.
- Reduce the poaching syrup and pour over top.
- Place a scoop of sorbet on a rosemary tuile; garnish as desired.
With poached pears, no question! Blanc de blancs champagne A 1990 Ruinard or Billecard-Salmon
Hints & Tips